Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This looks delicious. You could also use frozen peas and corn in place of the fresh. Just add them to the skillet after the pancetta is cooked. Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
- 5 ounces thick-sliced pancetta or 5 ounces bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green peas, shelled (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more for frying
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- In large skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to paper towels to drain; reserve the skillet.
- In skillet, stir together the peas and corn and 1 T butter and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Keep warm.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, mix together the ricotta, yogurt, eggs and 1/4 t salt until smooth.
- Stir in the flour until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet or on a griddle, melt 1/2 T butter.
- Ladle about 3 T batter into the skillet for each pancake, spacing evenly.
- Fry until the the bottom is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden on the other side, 1-2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve 2 pancakes per person with the pancetta-vegetable mixture.
Very good, I used bacon for this and only used 1 tablespoon lemon juice, the flour was just the perfect amount, these baked up light fluffy and delicious! thanks for sharing Lainey!...Kitten:)