Recipe by Miss Erin C.
Posted in responce to a request. From "The Low-Carb Cookbook" by Fran McCullough.
Top Review by goldstein
Excellent recipie. I made some changes: 1/2 cp regular flour, 2 pinches allspice rather than nutmeg, 1 1/2 packets stevia for sweetening, 1/8th teasp baking powder no egg withes. Came out great. Thanks, Harley
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 packet Equal sugar substitute (optional)
- 2 tablespoons powdered egg whites (Just Whites)
- 1 teaspoon butter (for the griddle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the griddle or a large skillet over high heat.
- Put all the pancake ingredients, except for the butter for the griddle in a blender or food processor and blend well.
- When the griddle is hot enough so that a drop of water jumps, grease the surface with the butter.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls, large or small onto the griddle.
- Turn the pancakes when the edges lose their shine and the bubbles begin to appear.
- Cook briefly on the other side and serve immediately.
- Butter and Vermont Sugar-Free syrup are great accompaniments.