Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted in responce to a request. From "The Low-Carb Cookbook" by Fran McCullough.
Make and share this Ricotta Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Set the griddle or a large skillet over high heat.
- Put all the pancake ingredients, except for the butter for the griddle in a blender or food processor and blend well.
- When the griddle is hot enough so that a drop of water jumps, grease the surface with the butter.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls, large or small onto the griddle.
- Turn the pancakes when the edges lose their shine and the bubbles begin to appear.
- Cook briefly on the other side and serve immediately.
- Butter and Vermont Sugar-Free syrup are great accompaniments.
Excellent recipie. I made some changes: 1/2 cp regular flour, 2 pinches allspice rather than nutmeg, 1 1/2 packets stevia for sweetening, 1/8th teasp baking powder no egg withes. Came out great. Thanks, Harley
I whipped up a batch of these an for afternoon snack and they were very quick to prepare. I did make a couple of changes. I used 95% fat free ricotta, 1 whole egg and 3 whites and a generous sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon. I used oat bran as oat flour. All of the other ingredients, including butter I omitted. I cooked these using a spray of oil in a non stick pan. These cook really fast and are best eaten fresh I think. I had them with a drizzle of Yellowbox (lowest G.I) Honey.