1 hr 10 mins
Meatballs that are fail-proof, exceedingly moist and painfully delicious. Great for freezing leftovers for later or a large family gathering!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 16 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1Bring spaghetti sauce to a low simmer in a large, heavy-bottomed pot.
- 2Combine everything else and smoosh together with your hands for as long as it takes for everything to blend totally, no streaks of seasoning or white areas from ricotta. This is by far the only step that takes some attention. Mix mix mix!
- 3Take 1/4 cup scoops of meat mixture and roll into uniform balls.
- 4Drop into sauce one by one as you make them so they firm up by the time you stack meatballs on top of the first layer in the bottom of the pan.
- 5Cover pan and continue to simmer over low for 45 minutes or more.
- 6Serve over favorite pasta, on rolls or just my themselves!
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Infused Meatballs in Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.2 mg
- Sodium 1427.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 33.1 g