Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Meatballs that are fail-proof, exceedingly moist and painfully delicious. Great for freezing leftovers for later or a large family gathering!
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 16 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Bring spaghetti sauce to a low simmer in a large, heavy-bottomed pot.
- Combine everything else and smoosh together with your hands for as long as it takes for everything to blend totally, no streaks of seasoning or white areas from ricotta. This is by far the only step that takes some attention. Mix mix mix!
- Take 1/4 cup scoops of meat mixture and roll into uniform balls.
- Drop into sauce one by one as you make them so they firm up by the time you stack meatballs on top of the first layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover pan and continue to simmer over low for 45 minutes or more.
- Serve over favorite pasta, on rolls or just my themselves!