Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious for breakfast or brunch - whenever you feel you need a treat, need to impress or need to be nice!
- 2 eggs
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 65 ml milk
- 125 ml natural yoghurt
- 65 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 180 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 small bananas, peeled and sliced crossways
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 80 g palm sugar, dissolved in 3 tblsp hot water to make a syrup (maple syrup may be an easier substitute)
- Beat the eggs and the ricotta.
- Add the milk, yoghurt, oil and sugar.
- Add the sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir until just combined.
- Fry the hotcakes by spooning a ladle of mixture onto an oiled, hot frying pan or griddle, in 12cm rounds.
- When bubbles appear on top and the underside is brown, turn over with a spatula.
- Once cooked, keep warm to serve.
- This mixture should make about 15 hotcakes.
- Place one hotcake on each plate, top with half a banana, place a second hotcake on top of each stack and spoon over a little coconut cream.
- Drizzle the top with a little palm sugar syrup or maple syrup.
- Serve immediately.