Recipe by Jules127
This was getting raves on epicurious--tender fresh pillows of ricotta pasta--like gnocchi but made with ricotta instead of potatoes. They're time consuming but I thought it was worth it! It would save time to make thick ropes, half them lengthwise, half again and make interval cuts. From Bon Appetit.
- 1 lb fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated pecorino romano cheese, plus additional
- pecorino romano cheese, for serving (about 1 ounce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus additional
- all-purpose flour, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Line medium bowl with several layers of paper towels. Spoon ricotta cheese into bowl. Let drain at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Beat egg, 1/3 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, salt, and white pepper in large bowl to blend. Mix in ricotta. Sprinkle 3/4 cup flour over and stir gently to blend. Cover and chill dough 1 hour. Do ahead Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Cook gnudi in large pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 8 minutes.
- Makes 6 first course servingss. Top with sauce of choice. I made bolognese.