24 hrs 30 mins
Phil Franco's Note:
Gnocchi di Ricotta con Porri
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 small leek, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano, plus additional for serving
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, plus additional for dredging
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1Set large strainer lined with double-layer damp cheese cloth over large bowl.
- 2Place ricotta cheese in the prepared strainer; cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight. (If using fresh ricotta, you can skip this step.).
- 3Cook leek in small pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 7 minutes.
- 4Drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- 5Using hands, squeeze leek dry.
- 6Mix ricotta cheese, leek, egg, 1/2 cup Parmigiano cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in bowl.
- 7Stir in 2/3 cup flour.
- 8Cover and chill mixture at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- 9Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 10Place flour for dredging in a flat bowl.
- 11For each gnocchi, shape 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture into a ball, then drop into the bowl of flour, tossing to coat.
- 12Transfer gnocchi to baking sheet. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap; chill.).
- 13Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- 14Working in 2 batches, add gnocchi and cook until tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 15Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 16Add sage leaves.
- 17Saute until butter browns, and sage leaves are crisp.
- 18Using slotted spoon, transfer gnocchi to skillet ; toss to coat with melted butter.
- 19When all gnocchi have been added to skillet, toss over medium heat to warm. Serve with Parmigiano cheese. Serves 4.
- 20That's it!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Gnocchi With Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.8
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 901.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves