Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Gnocchi di Ricotta con Porri
Make and share this Ricotta Gnocchi With Leeks recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 small leek, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano, plus additional for serving
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, plus additional for dredging
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- Set large strainer lined with double-layer damp cheese cloth over large bowl.
- Place ricotta cheese in the prepared strainer; cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight. (If using fresh ricotta, you can skip this step.).
- Cook leek in small pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- Using hands, squeeze leek dry.
- Mix ricotta cheese, leek, egg, 1/2 cup Parmigiano cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in bowl.
- Stir in 2/3 cup flour.
- Cover and chill mixture at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place flour for dredging in a flat bowl.
- For each gnocchi, shape 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture into a ball, then drop into the bowl of flour, tossing to coat.
- Transfer gnocchi to baking sheet. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap; chill.).
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Working in 2 batches, add gnocchi and cook until tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sage leaves.
- Saute until butter browns, and sage leaves are crisp.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer gnocchi to skillet ; toss to coat with melted butter.
- When all gnocchi have been added to skillet, toss over medium heat to warm. Serve with Parmigiano cheese. Serves 4.
- That's it!