Recipe by Manami
These can be used as an appetizer or a side with a hearty soup. The mixture can be made up to one day ahead and then all you have to do is broil wedges for about 1 minute. Found it on Cooking Light, January 2006 edition.
- 1⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 8 pita bread, wedges
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Combine all the mixture ingredients in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to use - can be made a day ahead.
- Then place wedges on a baking sheet and brush lightly with oil.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Top each wedge with 4 teaspoons of ricotta mixture.
- Broil for 1 minute or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve at once.