Recipe by SnowHat
This tasty low-fat frozen yogurt treat couldn't be any easier to make. Also, many times low-fat ice creams and frozen yogurts don't freeze well. They take on a crystal-like texture. This recipe, however, retains a nice consistency even when frozen for a couple of days. Cooking time = freezing time
- 1 3⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ricotta in food processor, and process until smooth.
- Combine ricotta and remaining ingredients in large bowl; stir well.
- Pour mixture into freezer can of ice cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer directions.
- Spoon the mixture into a freezer safe container; cover and freeze until firm (1 hour).