A minimum fuss, 'make-at-the-last-minute' dessert. Airy ricotta fritters with a hint or orange.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil (for frying, I use a light olive oil)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Whisk together egg and granulated sugar, then whisk in zest, Grand Marnier, ricotta, flour, and salt until just combined.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 3Working in batches of 4, spoon 1 tablespoon of batter per fritter into oil and fry, turning over once, until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- 4Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool slightly.
- 5Dust fritters with confectioners sugar and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1256.7
- Calories from Fat 1077
- Total Fat 119.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 137.1 mg
- Sodium 232.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: