Recipe by evelyn/athens
A minimum fuss, 'make-at-the-last-minute' dessert. Airy ricotta fritters with a hint or orange.
Top Review by Catte Nappe
This was quick and easy, but very tasty and if properly presented would be a great company dessert. It was a perfect answer to a half carton of ricotta left sitting in my fridge severl days after making manicotti for two.
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil (for frying, I use a light olive oil)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together egg and granulated sugar, then whisk in zest, Grand Marnier, ricotta, flour, and salt until just combined.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Working in batches of 4, spoon 1 tablespoon of batter per fritter into oil and fry, turning over once, until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool slightly.
- Dust fritters with confectioners sugar and serve immediately.