Recipe by Barb G.
A low carb frittata. The recipe comes from Low carb Luxury recipes.
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
I won't rate this because I didn't have any fresh marjoram and used 1/2 a teaspoon of dried as a substitute, and found the flavour very mild. To serve this as an easy dinner I added some chopped ham and it was enjoyed by the family. I needed a low carb dish and this is one I will make again.
- 6 eggs
- white pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped marjoram
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler Beat eggs with 3/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper to taste.
- Stir in cheeses, marjoram and garlic.
- Heat oil and butter in 8- or 10-inch skillet.
- Add egg mixture and lower heat.
- Cook until set, about 12 minutes, then brown under broiler.
- When done, slide frittata onto plate.
- Serves 6.