1 hr 20 mins
I never liked lasagna until my mother-in-law shared this recipe with me. It is absolutely my husbands favorite dinner. And it finally made me enjoy lasagna as well. For all the non ricotta lovers out there this lasagna will rock your world.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large skillet brown ground beef until fully cooked.
- 3At the same time in large pot boil lasagna noodles; if noodles are pre-cooked omit this step.
- 4When ground beef is fully cooked add tomato sauce. Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes allowing the flavors to mingle.
- 5At the same time melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until foaming. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbling. Remove from heat. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly, until mixture is smooth. Return to heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil, thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- 6In 9x11 baking dish start assembling lasagna. Lay a full layer of noodles, a full layer of thinly sliced deli ham*, spoon ground beef sauce over ham layer, sprinkle mozzarella over completely covering everything, and lastly spoon milk sauce over top of cheese. Continue layering process until all ingredients are used or pan is full.
- 7Place in oven, cook for 60 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- 9I like to end with a full layer of noodles on top and cover with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 10Ham may be chopped and sprinkled over noodles to help ease of eating.
- 11If pre-cooked noodles are used more of the milk sauce may be necessary and cook time may need to be a little longer.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Free Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1260.4
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.7 g
- Saturated Fat 35.3 g
- Cholesterol 257.4 mg
- Sodium 3111.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 83.2 g