Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made these once a very long time ago, and now that I have found it again, I'll definately have to be making these again soon! They're wonderful and so elegant-looking!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, can sub frozen thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest, curls (to garnish)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- First, make batter for crepes --
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together crepe ingredients, mix thoroughly. (This can also be done in a blender or food processor.).
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Next, make filling --
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together filling ingredients with a wooden spoon or mixing spoon. Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Next, make bluberry sauce --
- In medium saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir the 3/4 cup water into sugar mixture and cook over high heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture begins to boil.
- Stir in blueberries and lemon juice.
- Return to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove sauce from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Now you're ready to cook your crepes.
- Spray a 7" skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, heat skillet until a drop of water on surface sizzles.
- Stir crepe batter in bowl til smooth again.
- Pour about 2 Tbl. batter into skillet and quickly rotate and tilt skillet to spread batter over bottom.
- Cook crepe until lightly brown on underside.
- Loosen edges, turn with spatula and brown other side.
- Turn crepe out onto wire rack to cool.
- Repeat making a total of about 16 crepes.
- Stack crepes with waxed paper between each one.
- To assemble --
- Divide filling evenly among crepes, spreading to cover half of each.
- Fold each crepe in half folding empty side over filling side.
- Then fold in half again.
- Arrange crepes on plate.
- Spoon a little sauce down across crepes and serve remaining sauce on the side.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar if desired.
- Garnish with lemon zest.