I made these once a very long time ago, and now that I have found it again, I'll definately have to be making these again soon! They're wonderful and so elegant-looking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1First, make batter for crepes --
- 2In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together crepe ingredients, mix thoroughly. (This can also be done in a blender or food processor.).
- 3Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Next, make filling --
- 5In a medium-sized bowl, mix together filling ingredients with a wooden spoon or mixing spoon. Mix well.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- 7Next, make bluberry sauce --
- 8In medium saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- 9Gradually stir the 3/4 cup water into sugar mixture and cook over high heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture begins to boil.
- 10Stir in blueberries and lemon juice.
- 11Return to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 12Remove sauce from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 13Now you're ready to cook your crepes.
- 14Spray a 7" skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 15Over medium heat, heat skillet until a drop of water on surface sizzles.
- 16Stir crepe batter in bowl til smooth again.
- 17Pour about 2 Tbl. batter into skillet and quickly rotate and tilt skillet to spread batter over bottom.
- 18Cook crepe until lightly brown on underside.
- 19Loosen edges, turn with spatula and brown other side.
- 20Turn crepe out onto wire rack to cool.
- 21Repeat making a total of about 16 crepes.
- 22Stack crepes with waxed paper between each one.
- 23To assemble --
- 24Divide filling evenly among crepes, spreading to cover half of each.
- 25Fold each crepe in half folding empty side over filling side.
- 26Then fold in half again.
- 27Arrange crepes on plate.
- 28Spoon a little sauce down across crepes and serve remaining sauce on the side.
- 29Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar if desired.
- 30Garnish with lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Filled Wheat Crepes W/Blueberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.8 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 13.8 g