Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Wrap the outside bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with foil to prevent water seeping in while baking.
- Cream together ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing well.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a 10 inch springform pan.
- Place cheesecake in a large rectangular pan filled with 2 inches of hot water.
- Carefully put into preheated oven without spilling water.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes turn oven off, but leave the cake in the oven for another 60 minutes (do not open door).
- Cool on counter for 60 minutes and then refrigerate.
- Serve when thoroughly chilled.