Recipe by Richard-NYC
A not "too sweet" tasty cookie. Perfect for your holiday cookie tray.
Top Review by vitalev
These were good.. my parents loved them but I was a little less thrilled. They used less ricotta than other recipes I have made and turned out a little drier also. I think 15 minutes was a little too long, so after my first tray I reduced the cooking time to 10 minutes, and those turned out better. Maybe next time I will increase ricotta to 1/2 cup to make them a little more moist or fluffy or something. I liked that the recipe did not make too many, though, it was the perfect size batch.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk, about
- 1 dash vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl combine butter, ricotta, sugar, vanilla and egg----Beat with electric mixer till combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet continuing to mix with electric mixer.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheets by mounded teaspoons Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden on the bottom.
- Remove to racks.
- While cookies are warm drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- TIP: Place wax paper under racks to"catch" glaze.