Recipe by LAURIE
A "little" sweet, cake like cookie with frosting. Different with the ricotta cheese but you will like them I'm sure of it!
Top Review by Kim127
I really liked these cookies, but they did get mixed reviews from others who I shared with. One person said they were good, but nothing she would want to make. They are almost little cakes with frosting (which is really sweet and really good). The nutmeg on top is a must. As far as the time, it took about 12 minutes for each cookie tray and I made about 6 trays, so there's an hour right there, but as I said, I liked them and will make them again. A little red or green food coloring in the frosting and they would sure look like Christmas!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat sugar and 1 cup margarine in large bowl on medium speed til combined.
- Add eggs and 2 tsp vanilla beat til creamy.
- Add half the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat till well blended.
- Stir in the reaming flour and ricotta cheese.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F about 12 minutes, until BOTTOMS are browned (TOPS SHOULD NOT BROWN!).
- Transfer to rack to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter and 1 tsp vanilla til fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing well.
- Spread on cooled cookie.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Store frosted cookies covered in the refrigerator.