Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
from atkins cooking magazine, you'd never know this was diet food!
Make and share this Ricotta Cheesecake-Low Carb recipe from Food.com.
- heat oven to 350. line the outside of an 8" springform pan with tin foil. combine crust ingredients, press onto bottom and up sides of the pan. bake 12 minutes, cool on a wire rack.
- meanwhile in a processor or blender mix ricotta and cream cheese until smooth.
- add eggs, one at a time, blend.
- add remaining ingredients, blend until well mixed.
- pour into crust.
- bake in a roasting pan filled half way with boiling water for 1 hour.
- cool in oven 30 minutes then remove to wire rack and cool.
- place in refrigerator to chill.
Very good cheesecake that tastes calorie-laden and high carb but isn't--perfect for a diet cheesecake! Because of what I had on hand I made some minor changes by using 1 lb of ricotta (instead of the specified amount) and used 8 ounces of cream cheese (to make up for the difference) and also used lime zest (instead of lemon) with good results resulting in a cheesecake that although is different in calorie count than the nutrition facts relate but one that everyone enjoyed and no one suspected it was low-carb or used a sugar subsitute. Thanks for sharing!