Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have tried this one in a pinch and it went over very well.
- 3 lbs ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
- to taste graham cracker crumbs
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 lemon, Grated Rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cream, whipped (optional)
- 8 egg whites
- Beat ricotta until smooth, gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar and egg yolks, beating after each addition.
- Beat in flour, lemon rind and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold whipped cream and egg whites into ricotta mixture and turn into a 12" spring form pan which has been well-buttered and sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for the first 10 minutes; lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool in oven with door closed.
- Freezes well.
- Dust with powdered sugar when served.