My husband likes ricotta cheese a lot, so I came up with this recipe .. You won't believe how light these scones are .. Next time I will sub lemon juice for the milk, and grated lemon rind for the cinnamon ..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup light ricotta cheese (or regular)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk (or regular, cream .. etc)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees, and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, milk and cinnamon.
- 3Mix well with a fork until well combined and not very lumpy.
- 4(Do not mix until all lumps disappear).
- 5In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 6Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 7Stir in cheese mixture lightly, then combine quickly.
- 8Be careful not to overmix, knead no more than 10 times.
- 9You may need to add another tablespoon of milk depending on your flour, dough should be slightly sticky and shiny.
- 10Place on the baking sheet, and pat into 3/4 inch thickness.
- 11Cut round into 6 wedge-shaped pieces.
- 12Move scones so they are not touching, and dust with sugar and cinnamon.
- 13Back 15-20 minutes, or until browned.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Cheese Scones
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.1
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 459.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g