Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
this yummy recipe is a weight watchers favorite of mine
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 ounces fresh blueberries
- Combine first five ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Cook over medium high heat as you would with normal pancakes.
I had a huge tub of ricotta and thought this recipe would make a breakfast higher in protein and calcium than the traditional pancakes. I didn't have egg beaters so I used 2 egg whites instead and left the blueberries out as I was out of those too. I thought the batter was a little too thick so I added a tablespoon of milk as well. I was surprised that they really don't taste like cheese at all, not even a hint of it. They have a little different texture than traditional pancakes, and quite delicious. Be sure and turn down your heat and let the centers get cooked through. My recipe made 4 nice size pancakes, enough for 2 people. Thanks, Pam