Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great recipe I got from friends. Great, simple, and delicious cookies.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs stick butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- confectioners' sugar
- candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, ricotta cheese, vanilla, flour, baking powder and baking soda in bowl. Stir until well mixed. You may want to mix all ingredients together except ricotta cheese before mixing in ricotta.
- Put teaspoon sized dollops of cookie batter onto buttered cookie sheets (or buttered pieces of foil to save on cleanup).
- Place cookie sheet (or foil on top of cookie sheet) in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cook time can vary greatly based on your oven and the size of your cookies.
- Remove and let cool. Repeat until all all batter is used.
- Mix together a few drops of milk and a lot of confectioners sugar to create a thick icing. Use your own judgment, or your own icing recipe.
- After cookies cool, drizzle this icing on the cookies (as much or as little as you'd like -- the sweetness of these cookies comes largely from the icing).
- Before icing dries, pour sprinkles (any kind) or other decoration to give cookies color and design.
- When icing dries store cookies in jar or ziploc.