Recipe by Jules211
I stumbled on these cookies along time ago, when I was looking to fill Christmas baskets. They are truly wonderful and sinfully rich.
Top Review by txn_mommy
Wonderful little tea-cake like cookies. So rich, and the best vanilla flavor ever! Definitely a keeper that will be a wonderful addition to my Christmas cookie baskets, and so easy too! Thank you so much for posting this one. :-)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 lb butter (no substitutions)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat eggs in one at a time.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add the ricotta cheese.
- **Usually here I add butterscotch chips or chips of your liking (raspberry chips are my favorite).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Frost if desired.