Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is an old, old recipe that was my hubby's mother's. It's so good! This is a fairly dense cake, as it should be. It's one of my family's favorites.
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding (I use Duncan Hines classic yellow, but a lemon cake would work as well)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ricotta cheese, sugar and eggs; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions, and pour into a greased and floured pan 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Carefully spoon ricotta mixture over the batter. Bake at 350°F for 60 to 65 minutes, or until done.
- Cool on rack, sprinkle with powdered sugar, cut into squares and serve.