Easy Melt in your mouth Ricotta cake.
Make and share this Ricotta Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 9x13 pan.
- Follow cake mix direction and pour into prepared pan.
- Mix ricotta, vanilla and sugar until well blended with hand mixer.
- Place by spoonfuls on top of batter as close together and evenly as possible.
- Bake for 25 mins and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture and continue to bake until toothpick comes out clean,about 15-20 more minutes.
- The ricotta will be on the bottom and the nice moist cake on the top.
WOW!! This is so flavorful and very Italian. I used the yellow cake mix and followed the instructions to the letter except, I had a little too much ricotta, (using a 26oz container) so I increased the sugar by 1/4 cup. By the time I had dropped by spoonfulls the entire cake was covered so I simply spread the cheese mixture over the top and off to the oven it went. The ricotta still ended up at the bottom which was perfect! I can't wait to make this for all of my italian relatives. Thank you for such a unique and tasty cake!
This is a great recipe! I made this exactly as stated and it came out as a delicious and very delicate cake. I agree with other reviewers in that I would double the ricotta next time since we loved that layer at the bottom. I used part skim ricotta cheese to keep the fat content down. Next time I may try chocolate cake, or lemon which I think would be amazing! Chopped nuts would be a nice addition, or even a handful of mini chocolate chips. This is a very versatile recipe, love it! Thanks so much!
My entire family is in love with this simple cake! I followed the instructions except I used Egg Beaters in place of the eggs. It turned out perfect. I love the way that the cheese mixture goes to the bottom when it's cooked and makes that yummy layer of goodness. Thanks so very much for posting!!