Recipe by Patty Neto
Easy Melt in your mouth Ricotta cake.
Top Review by PatriotsGirl
This is a great recipe! I made this exactly as stated and it came out as a delicious and very delicate cake. I agree with other reviewers in that I would double the ricotta next time since we loved that layer at the bottom. I used part skim ricotta cheese to keep the fat content down. Next time I may try chocolate cake, or lemon which I think would be amazing! Chopped nuts would be a nice addition, or even a handful of mini chocolate chips. This is a very versatile recipe, love it! Thanks so much!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix (no pudding in it)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 9x13 pan.
- Follow cake mix direction and pour into prepared pan.
- Mix ricotta, vanilla and sugar until well blended with hand mixer.
- Place by spoonfuls on top of batter as close together and evenly as possible.
- Bake for 25 mins and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture and continue to bake until toothpick comes out clean,about 15-20 more minutes.
- The ricotta will be on the bottom and the nice moist cake on the top.