Recipe by FlemishMinx
This makes a pretty loaf with a nice texture that slices easily. Flavor is slightly sweet (not too sweet) with a cheesy hint- perfect in my opinion for breakfast but also for savory uses. This differs (in ingredient amounts) from other recipes given here on 'zaar so I'm posting it. Baking time will depend on your machine.
Top Review by Rita~
The texture of the bread is wonderfully moist, has a sweet taste, a crisp crust. But it did rise so high, I suggest baking it in the oven. I didn't and it rose and stuck to the top and then sunk in the middle. But that is fine with me because the taste made up for it. I did use 12 ounces of ricotta because that's what I had. I most definitely will Thanks for a great bread!
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in the bread machine following manufacturer's instructions.
- I place them in this order: ricotta, milk, butter, egg, sugar, salt, flour, and yeast on top (making sure yeast doesn't touch any liquid ingredient).
- Don't drain the ricotta!
- Start the machine on the basic cycle; since this is a rather dry mixture, I watch it for the first few minutes, eventually using a spatula to scrape down the sides if needed to ensure everything gets combined.
- After that, you can leave it on it's own!