Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve this along side bacon and eggs for breakfast. This is a Dominique Rizzo recipe.
- 1 cup mixed fresh herb
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup roasted almonds
- oil, to make a paste (although not runny)
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- Make the pesto by blending the herbs with the nuts, lemon zest and a little olive oil, and season to taste.
- Combine the ricotta and eggs in a food processor until smooth, and fold in the pesto.
- Place the mix into a greased oven-proof dish or greased muffin tin, and bake in a moderate oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until ricotta mixture is slightly firm to touch.
- Allow to cool slightly before taking out of moulds.
Well this was different! I added in 2 tablespoon of sugar, do not try removing these from the pans until they cool, I used my recipe#78579 for greasing, my DH enjoyed this Jewelies, thanks hon!...Kitten