Recipe by Missy Wombat
From "Notebook" February 2006. Ignore the word "pudding". This is not a dessert recipe. Its a quick easy recipe from the magazine that has become one of my favourites.
- 150 g ciabatta, thickly sliced
- 40 g butter, softened
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 500 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 40 g parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg Celsius.
- Butter the sliced ciabatta and then cut into 3 cm cubes. Divid the bread, ricotta, tomatoes and basil between 4 1-cup capacity ovenproof bowls of dishes. Toss the ingredients to combine and then place the bowls on an oven tray.
- Whisk the milk and eggs together in a jug and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture evenly into bowls and then set aside for 10 minutes to allow the bread to soak up some of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle puddings with parmesan then bake for 40 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve immediately.
- Variations: Try baby spinach for basil and prosciutto instead of tomatoes.