Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This has all the ingredients that I love and so healthy from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
Make and share this Ricotta and Roast Tomato Pies With Spinach and Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 300 g sweet potatoes (orange chopped)
- 1 sheet puff pastry (25% reduced fat thawed)
- 100 g low-fat ricotta (fresh)
- 1 egg (50 grams)
- 80 g peas (frozen 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley (fresh shredded)
- ground black pepper
- 200 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 40 g Baby Spinach (leaves 4 cups)
- 425 g cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 carrot (peeled into long ribbons)
- 1 lebanese cucumber (peeled into long ribbons)
- Preheat ven to 190C (fan forced).
- Steam the sweet potato for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and transfer to a bowl and mash and set aside.
- Cut pastry sheet into 4 squares and use to line 4 x 3cm deep, 8.5cm loose bottomed, fluted tart tins.
- Put on a baking tray and line each pastry case with baking paper and fill with raw rice and blind bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until pastry is light golden.
- Reduce oven temperature of 180C fan forced and remove paper and rice.
- Add ricotta and egg to sweet potato and whisk well and then stir in peas and 2 tablespoon of the parsley and season with pepper and spoon into pastry cases, pressing mix down.
- Line a small oven proof dish with baking paper and add tomato and spray generously with cooking spray.
- bake pies for 15 minutes and then add tomatoes to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes or until tomato softens.
- Add remaining parsley and vinegar to tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Spinach and Bean Salad - Put al the ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- To serve put pies on plates and top with tomatoes and serve with the salad.