This has all the ingredients that I love and so healthy from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g sweet potatoes (orange chopped)
- 1 sheet puff pastry (25% reduced fat thawed)
- 100 g low-fat ricotta (fresh)
- 1 egg (50 grams)
- 80 g peas (frozen 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley (fresh shredded)
- ground black pepper
- 200 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 40 g Baby Spinach (leaves 4 cups)
- 425 g cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 carrot (peeled into long ribbons)
- 1 lebanese cucumber (peeled into long ribbons)
- 1Preheat ven to 190C (fan forced).
- 2Steam the sweet potato for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and transfer to a bowl and mash and set aside.
- 3Cut pastry sheet into 4 squares and use to line 4 x 3cm deep, 8.5cm loose bottomed, fluted tart tins.
- 4Put on a baking tray and line each pastry case with baking paper and fill with raw rice and blind bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until pastry is light golden.
- 5Reduce oven temperature of 180C fan forced and remove paper and rice.
- 6Add ricotta and egg to sweet potato and whisk well and then stir in peas and 2 tablespoon of the parsley and season with pepper and spoon into pastry cases, pressing mix down.
- 7Line a small oven proof dish with baking paper and add tomato and spray generously with cooking spray.
- 8bake pies for 15 minutes and then add tomatoes to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes or until tomato softens.
- 9Add remaining parsley and vinegar to tomatoes and toss to combine.
- 10Spinach and Bean Salad - Put al the ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- 11To serve put pies on plates and top with tomatoes and serve with the salad.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta and Roast Tomato Pies With Spinach and Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.4
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 243.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: