Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
For anyone who knows me, I am a pesto fanatic. I would put it in cereal if I could (well...maybe not). But I found this recipe a while back (can't remember where) and it is wonderful and full of flavor and incredibly easy to make! I'm not a huge meat loaf fan, but this I love!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part skim or whole works best)
- 3⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 -2 cup pasta sauce
- Knead first 3 ingredients together and then mix in egg.
- Press into greased loaf pan.
- Spoon on several tablespoons of tomato sauce on top of meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
I liked this meatloaf. This was my first time using pesto but it wont be my last! Very soft meatloaf. One problem though...how long should I of cooked this?? It only says bake uncovered at 375 but doesnt say for how long. I cooked it at 30 minutes and it worked. Thanks!
YUM!! I love pesto too, and this is such a great recipe that is not just boring old meatloaf. Easy to put together too!