Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I clipped this recipe from the Sunday coupon inserts years ago. It is a delicious dish for a summer meal and the tomato vinegrette is really good.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2 (15 ounce) cartons ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Spanish olives, drained and sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Coat 8-inch round cake pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- In a bowl, throughly mix cheeses and eggs.
- Fold in olives.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake at 350, 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, remaining olive oil, vinegar, and capers.
- Turn baked torte out onto plate.
- Cut into wedges, top with sauce and serve at room temperature over greens if desired.