Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Health magazine, April 2007
- 8 ounces uncooked shell pasta or 8 ounces campanelle pasta
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine ricotta, next 5 ingredients (through pepper), and reserved cooking liquid in a large bowl.
- Add the pasta, and toss to combine.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Very bland. Even my son who eats everything didn't finish.
Totally quick and easy recipe that tastes great! I used dried basil and topped our plates with shredded Parmesan cheese. I also used bow-tie pasta. My boyfriend and I ate it with toasted wheat bread and said we'd both love to eat it again. I think next time I'll try my plate with some capers sprinkled in!
quick,easy, and probably the healthiest recipe I have made in a very long time. Very tasty and satisfying. I used radiatore shells for fun!! Thanks for sharing Vino Girl!!