- 8 ounces uncooked shell pasta or 8 ounces campanelle pasta
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine ricotta, next 5 ingredients (through pepper), and reserved cooking liquid in a large bowl.
- Add the pasta, and toss to combine.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
- Serve immediately.