Ricotta and Ham Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, basil and garlic.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut a slit along thick edge of each breast half, forming a pocket. Open breast halves like a book and lay one slice of ham in each.
- Spoon 1/4 of ricotta mixture on top of each ham slice, then close chicken over filling and fasten with toothpicks.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken on both sides with flour until well coated. Discard remaining flour.
- In a large skillet, warm oil and butter over medium-high heat until butter melts and begins to foam.
- Add chicken to pan and cook 5 minutes; flip and cook on second side for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink inside (cut to test). Serve hot.