I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by cowboyonfire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups quality store-bought ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso (this produces a strong coffee flavor, you could substitute whatever coffee you love)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- shaved sugar-free chocolate or substitute lower sugar dark chocolate
- 1Purée ricotta in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- 2Whip together heavy cream and Splenda in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- 3Bring 1⁄4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Whisk 2 tablespoons of the water with espresso in a small bowl. Whisk remaining water with gelatin in another small bowl until dissolved.
- 4Stir espresso mixture into ricotta,add nutmeg, then gelatin mixture; fold in cream in 3 stages. Chill mixture for 1 hour, then transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe mixture into 6 sundae glasses; refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta and Coffee Mousse - Sugar Free
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.3
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 86.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: