Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by cowboyonfire.
- 2 cups quality store-bought ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso (this produces a strong coffee flavor, you could substitute whatever coffee you love)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- shaved sugar-free chocolate or substitute lower sugar dark chocolate
- Purée ricotta in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- Whip together heavy cream and Splenda in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Bring 1⁄4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Whisk 2 tablespoons of the water with espresso in a small bowl. Whisk remaining water with gelatin in another small bowl until dissolved.
- Stir espresso mixture into ricotta,add nutmeg, then gelatin mixture; fold in cream in 3 stages. Chill mixture for 1 hour, then transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe mixture into 6 sundae glasses; refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.