1/4 Photos of Ricotta and Chocolate Cake
1 hr 20 mins
I'm posting this in response to a request on the boards. This is a different type of Italian dessert with a rich filling. I found it on a site called cooking with Patty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon grappa (optional)
- 1 cup cold butter, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 320°.
- 2Grease and flour a 9" springform pan.
- 3For the crust, in a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, egg, milk and grappa, if used.
- 4Add the slices of cold butter to the mixture working it in gently, but not so much that everything blends together.
- 5Take half the crust mixture and press it gently into the bottom of the pan.
- 6In a medium size bowl, mix the ricotta and sugar well.
- 7Add the chocolate chips mix again.
- 8Spread the filling evenly over the top of the crust.
- 9Crumble the remaining crust mix over the top of the filling.
- 10During the baking process the butter melts to form a nice crust.
- 11Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta and Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.1
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 190.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 32.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g