Recipe by Sage
Lovely dessert to have ready in the refrigerator.If you want a more substantial dessert, you should pass some plain cookies or biscotti.
Top Review by CraftScout
This really was not to our tastes. It tasted way too much like cheese. I kept rereading the recipe to make sure I didn't forget something. I thought it would be creamy, fluffy, light and sweet (especially after looking at Thorsten's beautiful photo), but instead it was thick, a little chunky, bitter, and very cheesy. Clearly, others like it, but it simply was not to our taste. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
- 1 lb low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup espresso coffee (cold)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- fresh berries (to garnish) or sliced fruit (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, gently mix the ricotta, cocoa, lemon zest and espresso coffee in folding motions.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours for best results.
- Spoon mixture into small glasses.
- Pass honey to be drizzled over the top.
- Garnish with berries or sliced fruit.