Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my version of a basic beef and vegetable soup. I've also done this in a crockpot starting it before going to work and ready to eat when I get home.
- 566.99 g beef stew meat
- 354.88 ml carrots, cut up
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed 1 inch
- 226.79 g frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 14.79 ml beef bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 411.06 g diced tomatoes
- 411.06 g green beans, drained
- 1892.72 ml water
- salt, to-taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to-taste
- In a large pot, brown beef in hot oil.
- Add bouillon, spices, and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1/2 hour or until vegetables are done.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
This was SO good!! And SO easy! The flavor was just perfect, in my opinion. The only thing I did different was add about 1 1/2 cups of chopped cabbage because that's a favorite ingredient of mine in vegetable soup. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe, Rick! It's definitely a keeper for my house!!!