1/1 Photo of Rick's Vegetable Beef Soup
2 hrs 15 mins
This is my version of a basic beef and vegetable soup. I've also done this in a crockpot starting it before going to work and ready to eat when I get home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, cut up
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed 1 inch
- 8 ounces frozen corn
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 1/2 ounces green beans, drained
- 8 cups water
- salt, to-taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to-taste
- 1In a large pot, brown beef in hot oil.
- 2Add bouillon, spices, and water.
- 3Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- 4Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hour.
- 5Add remaining ingredients.
- 6Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- 7Cover and simmer 1/2 hour or until vegetables are done.
- 8Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rick's Vegetable Beef Soup
Serving Size: 1 (733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 128.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 26.1 g