Recipe by rickscott
This is my version of a basic beef and vegetable soup. I've also done this in a crockpot starting it before going to work and ready to eat when I get home.
Top Review by Stacky5
This was SO good!! And SO easy! The flavor was just perfect, in my opinion. The only thing I did different was add about 1 1/2 cups of chopped cabbage because that's a favorite ingredient of mine in vegetable soup. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe, Rick! It's definitely a keeper for my house!!!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, cut up
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed 1 inch
- 8 ounces frozen corn
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces green beans, drained
- 8 cups water
- salt, to-taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to-taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, brown beef in hot oil.
- Add bouillon, spices, and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1/2 hour or until vegetables are done.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.