Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A skillet version of stuffed cabbage rolls without the rolling.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 2⁄3 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans reduced fat reduced sodium condensed tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Brown hamburger and onions in pan sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to mild boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes or until done.
I didn't like this at all. 5 minutes wasn't nearly enough time to cook the cabbage, I must have cooked it for at least an hour and it was still hard. I used a 10-inch skillet, and it was practically overflowing.....it needs a way bigger pan. Overall the "casserole" lacked flavor, and we ended up throwing most of it away.