Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a compilation of Thai cucumber salad recipes. Vary vinegar, salt, and chili to your own taste.
- 1 cucumber, sliced and seeded
- 1⁄2 onion, yellow sweet, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh chopped
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix water, vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- In a serving bowl arrange the cucumber, pepper, cilantro, and onion in layers.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the salad.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Excellent recipe! My Thai friend even loved it, although my son ate most of it. I have a boat load of garden cucumbers right now and this salad goes fast! The only minor change I made was that I used Thai peppers because I had them on hand.
Great cucumber dish. I made this to go along with our pad thai the other night and it complimented it perfectly. The cool crunchy cukes went great with the warm noodles. I love it! Thank you so much for introducing us to a new cuke recipe, we loved it, especially the combo of the jalapeno with the cilantro (never would of thought to add to cucumbers)
This was soooo good! I used the little japanese cucumbers that don't have seeds. So crunchy and tasty!