Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like all the summer squashes (yellow, zucchini, cucuzzi, etc.) and my family usually just tolerates them so when I decided to try tatumas I tried to find something to interest them. After reading different ways to fix them I came up with this combination. It was a big hit and they never complain when I fix it.
- 1 link sausage, Chorizo
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 5 medium tatuma squash, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- Cook chorizo until fat renders out then add onions and jalapeno pepper and cook until onions are translucent. Add squash, tomatoes (undrained), and tomato sauce. Simmer until squash is tender (about 15 minutes).