Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a type of penne ariabiata recipe. I keep it mild for the family.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped, fine
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 lb shrimp, shelled deveined
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- to-taste black pepper, ground fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- penne pasta, cooked
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add tomato, tomato juice, red pepper, black pepper, salt, basil, and parsley.
- Cook Penne Pasta.
- Add shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain pasta and add to sauce. Serve with Parmesan cheese.