Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My neighbor Edwardo owned a Mexican restaurant nearby and had the best fresh salsa. He told me what his ingredients were and surprisingly the garlic was garlic powder. My oldest son's friend Kevin would be really surprised to find I use vinegar in my salsa. He swears he doesn't care for vinegar, but he loves my salsa.
- Mix onion, jalapeno, lime juice, red wine vinegar, cilantro, salt and.
- garlic powder into small mixing bowl.
- Puree 1/3 of tomatoes in a blender.
- Coarsely chop remainder of tomato in the blender.
- Pour the tomato into mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Refrigerate. Serve after one hour.
Great flavor! This is one of the best salsa recipes I have found however, it needs to be used the same day it is made. Overnight refrigeration seems to take something away that I can't quite put my finger on.
I have just made this salsa for the third time in a week!! I am addicted! It is so quick and easy and just so darn good! (Made it exactly as suggested and the heat was perfect.)
Wonderful! Made as stated and only used 2 jalapeno's since people said it was too spicy but wished I would have added all 3. Used fresh lime juice and increased the cilantro. I also used 4 cloves of fresh garlic rather than garlic powder. Will definitely make again.