My neighbor Edwardo owned a Mexican restaurant nearby and had the best fresh salsa. He told me what his ingredients were and surprisingly the garlic was garlic powder. My oldest son's friend Kevin would be really surprised to find I use vinegar in my salsa. He swears he doesn't care for vinegar, but he loves my salsa.
- Mix onion, jalapeno, lime juice, red wine vinegar, cilantro, salt and.
- garlic powder into small mixing bowl.
- Puree 1/3 of tomatoes in a blender.
- Coarsely chop remainder of tomato in the blender.
- Pour the tomato into mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Refrigerate. Serve after one hour.