Recipe by rickscott
My neighbor Edwardo owned a Mexican restaurant nearby and had the best fresh salsa. He told me what his ingredients were and surprisingly the garlic was garlic powder. My oldest son's friend Kevin would be really surprised to find I use vinegar in my salsa. He swears he doesn't care for vinegar, but he loves my salsa.
Top Review by Karen R.
Great flavor! This is one of the best salsa recipes I have found however, it needs to be used the same day it is made. Overnight refrigeration seems to take something away that I can't quite put my finger on.
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 cup yellow onion, chopped fine
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Mix onion, jalapeno, lime juice, red wine vinegar, cilantro, salt and.
- garlic powder into small mixing bowl.
- Puree 1/3 of tomatoes in a blender.
- Coarsely chop remainder of tomato in the blender.
- Pour the tomato into mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Refrigerate. Serve after one hour.