1/1 Photo of Rick's Hot Cauliflower and Carrots
1 hr 15 mins
This was based originally on a refrigerator pickle recipe for the pickling liquid. The acid content is high enough for canning. I give these to my DW's office staff as presents for Christmas along with my pickles. They are much requested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch cauliflower for one minute. Drain and shock in cold water.
- 2Pack quart canning jars with cauliflower, carrots, garlic, and peppers.
- 3In the saucepan combine remaining ingredients.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar desolves.
- 5Ladle the pickling liquid into the jars. If necessary add more vinegar to cover the vegetables.
- 6Cover with a lid and refrigerate at least ten days. Will keep in the refrigerator about three months.
- 7This can be processed in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes to can. If.
- 8using this method make plenty to make it worth the effort.
- 9Store in a dark cool place.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rick's Hot Cauliflower and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (2666 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9717.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g