This was based originally on a refrigerator pickle recipe for the pickling liquid. The acid content is high enough for canning. I give these to my DW's office staff as presents for Christmas along with my pickles. They are much requested.
- Blanch cauliflower for one minute. Drain and shock in cold water.
- Pack quart canning jars with cauliflower, carrots, garlic, and peppers.
- In the saucepan combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar desolves.
- Ladle the pickling liquid into the jars. If necessary add more vinegar to cover the vegetables.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate at least ten days. Will keep in the refrigerator about three months.
- This can be processed in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes to can. If.
- using this method make plenty to make it worth the effort.
- Store in a dark cool place.