Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This was based originally on a refrigerator pickle recipe for the pickling liquid. The acid content is high enough for canning. I give these to my DW's office staff as presents for Christmas along with my pickles. They are much requested.
- Blanch cauliflower for one minute. Drain and shock in cold water.
- Pack quart canning jars with cauliflower, carrots, garlic, and peppers.
- In the saucepan combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar desolves.
- Ladle the pickling liquid into the jars. If necessary add more vinegar to cover the vegetables.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate at least ten days. Will keep in the refrigerator about three months.
- This can be processed in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes to can. If.
- using this method make plenty to make it worth the effort.
- Store in a dark cool place.
very easy to make. everyone loved it. will make again later this week before my cauliflower goes to seed. i'm probally going to add some onions and artichokes. thanks for the keeper.
This was EXACTLY what I was hoping for! I also added green pepper, sweet banana pepper, & celery to the cauliflower, carrots, garlic cloves & serrano peppers. I put the serrano peppers in whole with a slit cut in three sides. Definately try this recipe if you're looking for a spicy vegetable pickling type recipe. It's absolutely PERFECT! Thanks, Rickscott!
Sorry, we didn't like this at all. I had to throw out all 8 qts. I followed the recipe except for the kind of hot peppers. The cauliflower was very soft and all you could taste was vinegar. I did let this sit for 2 weeks so the flavors could meld so I know that wasn't the problelm. Such a waste.