1/2 Photos of Rick's Grilled Chicken Penne Pasta
This is a pasta recipe I've been cooking forever. I've changed it slightly over the years, but it's basically the same sauce I've made since I was a teenager.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped fresh
- fresh ground black pepper, to-taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 2 cups penne pasta
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Sauté onions in olive oil until translucent.
- 2Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- 3Add tomato, tomato sauce, tomato juice, black pepper, salt, basil, and parsley.
- 4Once sauce boils reduce to simmer and add grilled chicken.
- 5Simmer until pasta is cooked.
- 6Cook penne pasta in boiling, salted water.
- 7Strain pasta and add to sauce.
- 8Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
- 10Add red pepper flakes for arabiatta.
- 11Add oregano for a spicier version.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rick's Grilled Chicken Penne Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 1036.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 17.6 g