Rick Young's Note:
Basically, I took a recipe from one of our foster Vietnamese daughters and amended it to my preference. I hope she doesn't mind but, just in case, I'm not going to tell her!! I really liked the soup but, of course, I'm biased. However, my wife really liked it also and she doesn't think I'm anywhere near as great as I think I am.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sufficient egg noodles to obtain 8 cups finished drained product (cook until just past the firm stage).
- 2Cube chicken or cut to any easy eating size you like.
- 3Using the oil and using med heat, cook chicken, garlic, ginger, and the pepper flakes in a deep sauce pan for about one minute.
- 4Add broth, fish sauce, and basil and bring contents to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to simmer and add the egg noodles.
- 6Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is done and noodles are at your preferred tenderness.
- 7Serve with Sriracha sauce (optional).
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rick's Faux Vietnamese Thick Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.0 mg
- Sodium 1751.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 31.4 g