Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Basically, I took a recipe from one of our foster Vietnamese daughters and amended it to my preference. I hope she doesn't mind but, just in case, I'm not going to tell her!! I really liked the soup but, of course, I'm biased. However, my wife really liked it also and she doesn't think I'm anywhere near as great as I think I am.
- Cook sufficient egg noodles to obtain 8 cups finished drained product (cook until just past the firm stage).
- Cube chicken or cut to any easy eating size you like.
- Using the oil and using med heat, cook chicken, garlic, ginger, and the pepper flakes in a deep sauce pan for about one minute.
- Add broth, fish sauce, and basil and bring contents to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add the egg noodles.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is done and noodles are at your preferred tenderness.
- Serve with Sriracha sauce (optional).