Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Last Thanksgiving I was adding the finishing touch to my deviled eggs and after I sprinkled the last one I noticed that my paprika was cayenne pepper. Luckily my Ex (Yes my Ex, Susan and her husband Neal are our friends and are invited for the holidays) had some with paprika for the faint of heart. My two sons liked the extra devilish ones so much they requested them for Christmas.
- Cut chilled eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a bowl.
- Reserve egg white halves.
- Mash yolks with a fork.
- Add all ingredients except mayonnaise and mix with the fork.
- Mix in mayonnaise until the mixture is creamy, but not too thin.
- Fill reserved egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
This recipe is proof that not all mistakes have unpleasant results. :) Loved the cayenne pepper (I added more after I took the photo:)!! I added extra mayo to make the filling a bit creamier, and didn't add lemon juice, but did add a touch of Dijon. The cayenne was a wonderful complement to the eggs--thanks for sharing!