Recipe by Rick B(2)
This is truly a curry lovers dish. You have got to check it out! It's about as authentic of an East Indian recipe as you can find!!!
- 3 lbs chicken legs with thigh, attached
- 4 -5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions (sliced thin)
- 3 jalapeno peppers, sliced thin (seeds included)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped fine)
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons hot curry paste
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mango pickle (in paste with garlic)
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan brown onions, Jalapenos and Cilantro (in oil) Add chicken and cook uncovered on medium heat for about 5 minutes (stir often) Add curry paste and continue to cook for about another 1-2 minutes (stir often) Stir in tomatoes, water, pickled mango, curry powder, cayenne pepper and enough of the salt for your taste (salt could be added after cooking if so desired) Add more water at this point if necessary for ingredients to mix well.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and continue to cook for about 15-25 minutes.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, simmer awhile longer without cover.
- Stir mixture occasionally during cooking time.
- I serve this over hot cooked white rice.
- NOTE- Most of the ingredients may be purchased at ethnic grocers that stock Indian, Pakistan, Japanese or Oriental food stuffs.