Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A thick and hearty beef stew. Be sure to not chop your ingredients too small. Our family doesn't like onions but feel free to add some if you do.
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Place the beef, flour, salt, and pepper into a large, strong, plastic bag.
- Shake the bag, thus coating beef with contents.
- Remove the beef from bag, shaking off excess coating and place in pot.
- Lightly brown the meat and then add left-over coating from bag to pot.
- Add broth, carrots, celery, parsley, and thyme.
- Cover and cook for about 2 hours, stirring often.
- Add chopped potatoes, corn, and peas and cook about an hour until potatoes are done.